Friday, February 25, 2011

God's Will??? or mine ????

Yes guys, I am still wrestling with where Denise and I are supposed to be and what we are to be doing. I remember in high school, the question of what to do “when you grow up” permeated my thoughts and plans.  Forty + years later, that same question burns in my mind.  What have I accomplished in all that time? I do not see much. It is true that I have DONE a lot of things and have FINALLY found my true mate in life (although THAT took many years as well). As I reflect back on my achievements, the list is really quite short. I have managed to survive day to day (many times purely by the grace of God) . My time in the service did have it’s peaks and valleys, but as for a legacy …. Not much. Since finding Denise, I have been blessed with the family that I have desired complete with 6 wonderful grandchildren. But even these were granted by “proxy” and not my own achievement.

Please join with me in prayer for resolution to this dilemma. I am truly thankful for all of God’s gifts in my life, I only wish I had shown better management of the time I have been granted and a more visible and comfortable basis for these latter years

May God Bless You and Yours
Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment