Monday, July 19, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY BEST FRIEND, MY LOVER, MY WIFE!!!


I know these past 7 years have not been a holiday (unless you count Halloween with all the scary times and troubles), but you have made my life fuller and more exciting than it has ever been. I LOVE you and look forward to the rest of our lives together.


Our vows included "for better and for worse" I hope you have endured all the "for worse" part because you deserve many, many years of the "for better" part of our union. Since "We Danced" (thanks Brad Paisley), we have seen life's ups and downs and witnessed the miracle of 3 grandchildren. You have given me the opportunity to know love like I have never known before and a family that has shown me the purpose God has for every man ... to pass on his stories, experience and whatever wisdom he has accumulated throughout
his life to the next generation. We have laughed and we have cried TOGETHER. Our lives has been sung about in just about every love song ever written.

The following verse sums it all up .....
When she reaches that River,
Lord you know what she's worth.
Give her that Mansion up yonder,
'Cause She's been through Hell here on Earth.
Lord give her my share of Heaven,
If I've earned any here in this life.
'Cause I believe she deserves it,
My Woman, My Woman, My Wife
(Marty Robbins)


May God Bless You and Yours
Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment