Friday, October 1, 2010

Encouragement

1 Thessalonians 5:12 - 22 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who labor among you and preside over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them most highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, admonish the undisciplined, comfort the discouraged, help the weak, be patient toward all. See that no one pays back evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good for one another and for all. Always rejoice, constantly pray, in everything give thanks. For this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not extinguish the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt. But examine all things; hold fast to what is good. Stay away from every form of evil.

I want to thank you all for the many encouraging words that I have seen from you all.  As I write this blog, I warned you all that it will not be a nice little “feel-good” journey. It is a medium for me to vent my frustrations, disappointments as well as my thanksgiving for the MANY blessings bestowed in my life. In short: REAL LIFE. A poor man’s “reality show” – without the big paychecks or glitz – haha.

But seriously, your encouragement means so much to me and I enjoy sharing my life with friends and family. It not only makes the burden seem lighter, but HOPEFULLY, it may encourage you as well. Life is not fair, but with friends, it can be an exciting and worthwhile journey. By sharing our encounters and combined wisdoms, we lift each other to heights that would be unattainable alone. Paul knew this when he advised the Church at Thessalonica in the above scriptural passage. You are an integral member of THE CHURCH. You are valued by those around you, even when you think no one notices. Remember that sometime YOUR LIFE is the only Bible that people will read.

I love you all and  …

May God Bless You and Yours
Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment