Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mr Mom

Let me begin with I dearly love my grandkids!!!

As many of you know, our son-in-law lost his mother yesterday and I opted to help where I could and watch the kids. This is a grandfather’s dream to have 3 grandkids climbing on and adoring him.  But in the REAL world, the 2 younger ones have decided this was a good battlefield and are spending their time and energies attacking and intimidating each other at every turn. Being out of practice with the Mr Mom role, I sat them on the sofa (facing each other) and decided that the strong will survive. I only hope that one of the survivors is me. Haha

You are probably laughing at me right now, and I do not blame you, but how many times do we do the same thing in our “adult” lives? How many times are we jealous because someone make more $$ or have more responsibility than we do. It does not matter to us that we may have all the responsibility we can  manage or that our job allows us conveniences that many other do not. We spend our time and energies trying to “Keep up with the Jones’” instead of enjoying the blessings that we do have. Like Lea and Xavier, we waste good playtime with infighting and sabotage. What if we used that energy to solve our own problems or to help someone with their problems instead of kicking them when they are down? How much more pleasant would it be to step out into the street with a smile instead of a glare?

Assignment for today: Commit a random act of kindness and expect nothing in return …


May God Bless You and Yours
Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment