Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Resurrection of 76??

Hey all …

As many of you have asked, I am looking into resurrecting our Class of 76 website and using it to promote Conroe High School Class of 76 events (official or otherwise). I have been writing about using our talents and gifts for the sake of the gospel. Since “the gospel” means “Good News” and not merely a religious clique, I want to show “the world” that all good things come from My GOD, the Creator of the Universe and is not confined inside some church building or social assistance bureaucracy. The real power of charity is not in the hands of governments or organized religions. God’s power is funneled into our lives through the hands of His servants. This is my way of practicing what I preach, I guess. I want to share the blessing with everyone that wishes to get involved.  I envision setting up an organization that includes local contacts and coordinators for “hands on” activities and I could set here and take care of the technological details and be the focal contact for the administrative activities. I do not presume to be able to handle this all myself, but I honestly believe that we can orchestrate this thing in a positive way as a team. By exercising our “Spirit of 76” energies and spreading our influences, we can make a lot of good things happen. To Do this, we need YOU to be involved.

Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions or comments. Since this is still kinda in the brainstorm phase, all input is welcomed. Thank you all for being YOU

May God Bless You and Yours
Gene

2 comments:

  1. Gene, I love the idea. I will be a huge supporter and do what ever I can to help. I love our class so much and it makes me so proud to talk about the aweseome adults we have become. We have so many loving and caring soles amoung us. Doing good whenever they/we can for one another. Please include me in your future plans and I will do what I can. Have a blessed day. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam!!! I certainly will take you up on that as soon as I work out the details, I will share them and you can let me know where you want to fit in:)

    ReplyDelete